eCommerce is statistics is the measurement and analysis of the
use of electronic networks (such as the Internet or
telecommunications) to present products and process orders.
6. The most popular and purchased items are:
7. 259,096,800 Internet users
as of December 31, 2009 in North America.
8. The average internet consumer mentions specific
brands over 90 times per week in conversations with friends,
family, and co-workers.
9. 90% of consumers online trust recommendations from
people they know; 70% trust opinions of unknown users.
10. 72% of online retailers plan on incorporating
lifestyle photography into their sites.
11. 63% of online retailers plan on integrating
customer ratings and reviews into their sites.
12. The top 10 e-commerce web sites, measured by the
number of unique visitors is Amazon.com, Walmart, Target, JC
Penny, QVC.com, Sears.com, Overstock.com, eBay Express, Kohl’s
13. 53% of car shoppers start shopping online.
14. 71% of online shoppers browse multiple stores prior
to making a purchase.
15. 42% of online shoppers in the US use comparison
16. 53% of online shoppers surveyed ranked discounts or
exclusive offers for members as the most important feature of
Frequent Buyer/Loyalty Programs.
17. When Internet users look for information, services
or products to buy, more than 8 out of 10 rely on search
engines, not simple surfing.
18. 10 percent of all clothing sales in the US are
expected to occur online.
19. Online sales rose 29 percent in 2006 to over $146
20. Over the last year, Pay-per-click (PPC)
costs have grown 37%, and they go on rising.